Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What is wrong about being nostalgic?

From Paulo coelho-
"During a full week in Myspace, I changed my mood from mischievous to nostalgic. Once done that, I started to receive messages from readers asking me what was wrong - given that some considered that being nostalgic was a bad thing in itself.
But I don’t think that being nostalgic for a week is such a problem.
So, here is the question of the week: how do see nostalgia?"

In response here is what I have to say-

When I googled the word “nostalgic” I got following definition-
“a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one’s life, to one’s home or homeland, or to one’s family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time”

The desire of being in the past or former time in one’s life. Many people go in that phase, and most of the times I become nostalgic too.

It is the wish of going home, reaching to the past very good memory one had and now in the present he cannot find such memories again. Being myself so far from the experience which I had achieved is asking me to become nostalgic too.

Too much of everything is bad, that is true. However, I think I like being nostalgic many of the times in my life. I remember old days and want to go back in those days or remember going back in time.

It has nothing to do with being sad, being sad is different then being nostalgic. Sad is just like feeling unhappy, sad is not in the present, sad is something related with worry but nostalgic is remembering the past or want or desire of going through the moments in the past.

We always want to remember our past and want to go back in our past simply because it is good for us too, to learn from our past and see what is going on in our present moment. It gives an impression to the people that being nostalgic the person is feeling sad but eventually that is not true.

Having sad that nostalgic is not being sad, I would rather add that, When a person is being nostalgic he goes in the moment of silent and thinks or remembers his experience about the event that happened, he sometimes may even remember those memories; it can also result in the laughter, it can also result in pain, it can also result in smile.

Sadness is always with us, it is the integral part of our day to day life. Happiness is something which a human will dream to achieve except me. I have the proud feeling that, I am some kind of happiness but again, that is wrong.

Being nostalgic is true to many of us, and we go or become nostalgic which does not mean we are sad but it means we are feeling little bit about our past and we want to cherish those memories once again in the near future.

No comments: