Saturday, August 9, 2008

Scalds 2008 Conference continues...

Scalds conference is still going on with loads of excitment and lots of fun stuffs. We all are really enjoying all the session and all the activity that has been given to us. Today is the second last day of the conference and I am really worried to loose many of the good friends that I make during the conferences.

From sweet Icelandic girl to the energetic Noregian guy, from beautiful and sexy chair of Romania to the country I am representing Finland Member commitee president. It is so interesting that we group together from different countries and we have loads of thing in common.

Despite the fact that we belong to different nationalities and we come from different regions we have many things in common. We humans only do the things differently depending upon our circumstance and our mind. I learnt a lot right from the start of the conference.

One good statement that popped up in my mind while I was travelling from the Stockholm to the Fiskeboda was that, " Humans should try to find the similarities in other humans despite they come from other religion, country or culture or any other related background."

Once we find the similarities we will be eliminate the differences in our lives and the difference not only in terms of political, economical and other related barrier but in terms of the many smaller or minor things which will make us solve the bigger problems in our lives.

Yesterday was friday, we grouped together starting from the morning plenary to the good and exciting country time. It was good to know the people with different ideas especially in AIESEC and we were creating all these ideas, what would be good or what would be bad for AIESEC in Finland. What kind of external affairs or external relevenace we can use in terms of the AIESEC in Finland.

Which options fits good and we were later filtering these ideas into more concrete ideas to initiate the project or some work for making lives of people around the AIESEC better.

It is important to learn from not only the text books but by the real obeservations. The learning can always vary from the people to the people but I personally belive it is easier for me to obeserve the people around me and try to learn their behavior. It is relatively easy.

Today is the second last day of the conference and I am already feeling as if I will miss or I want this conference for more days. There are people who can dance beautifully, there are AIESECers who can sing with courage and wisedom, there are these bunch of guys who are ready to take out there clothes in the middle of the some 100 people and ready to take the challenge.

It is really getting hot with every step that I am taking in this conference and with every step I personally think there are bigger responsiblities coming up. From great power comes bigger or great responsibilities. It is good to gain the power of "leadership" but at the same time, there are more responsiblities piling up every seconds.

Although I cannot change the entire world but I would certainly or can really take the one step which can make to find the similarities in the differentiated world to come closer and solve the bigger problems in easier ways.

I appreciate every bit of these conference and I am really thank full to those who invited me and those who I mingled or talked or those who inspired me in some way. I am thank full to be here.

Looking forward to it for more out of the ore inside AIESEC...

No comments: