Saturday, March 15, 2008

Nepal or Festivals in Nepal (Holi)



We all like to share our memories, the things we have done and we also like to speak a lot about our country, culture and our own things. Why ? The big question is why do we like to share our feelings, our thoughts and tell some one about it.

We like to do these things only because we want to make aware the other person about it. By the way Who is interested in listening what you have done, achieve or wants to do in future ? Why should other person be interested in what you want to show him ? He will only be interested if he wants to listen to what you have to say and if he thinks he can learn something from you. It is quite ok to say or speak your mind or speak about country, culture or what so ever in limit. Don't over do it.

The nature of finding it how you are over doing some thing is ask yourself. Well, this if very difficult thing to do. It is difficult because we are lazy at asking to ourself, we do not have time to ask ourself; we might thing we are smart by speaking a lot about one particular subject but we are not.

It does not matter what we are going to talk only thing matters is how we are going to talk. Later when we realize that we have done mistake we want to improve but we try to improve the task by 10 to 15 % that is absolutely wrong try to improve it 10 to 15 times better than 10 to 15 % better.

Why is that I am always right and he/she is wrong ? We can make loud cries about our country, culture and our core values to people or to some one but we need to see if other party are really interested. Always stick to the point. It is the point where you have to start don't try to explain the whole paper or whole big circle you will not be able to deliver everything.

Yesterday, I had the meeting with my friends and we had the discussion on how should we present the Nepali culture. I didn't agree on what those guys were doing and I do not agree now and I will not agree till the event finishes. It is not the whole Country you are going to sell in 2 hrs. The party is organize for a festival in Nepal called "Holi". Why not to talk more no "festivals" rather than whole country "Nepal"

It is fare enough that guys are doing excellent job on preparing slides, preparing video, organizing and doing a many things on planning, arranging or what so ever. But I have my own point of views and the view is that- Just speak little about Nepal and then focus on Festivals- Starting for biggest festival to smallest and finish it.

What I believe is we are marketing our country, Every person who belongs to one country if he/she speaks about it that means they are marketing their country, culture etc. This is one need to take care about.We always focus on quantity and not the quality, It is the quality that matters not the quantity. The task to is focus on one point and tell about that particular point My dear friends will not do so because they think it is not enough. We have thousand points, We want to talk about all the 900 points out of 1000. We are not going to talk about only 1 or 2 points. Why ? It is only because we think we are speaking less. Well, My entire life is not enough to speak about my country, my home, my culture or let's say I am too small to talk about every thing about Nepal.

I am so small and my mind is so limited that even if I study and want to speak something on my country it will take 7 re-incarnation to tell 9% about my country. People wants to deliver it in 2 hrs. Wow ! Cheers !

I am not demoralizing my dear friends but I am being transparent. I am being transparent by stating that if you want to take a point of view of others then do not waste others point of view at least you got to listen it and then think for a while. Not just ignore it, just like that.

Ignoring others point of view will not make any changes, if you really want to bring some change or wish to do so. It is easier to make some one angry or make them feel uneasy or stupid in a crowd only because you think you are doing right. You assume you are smart, intelligent and respected but it is not.

"I might look stupid but I am not" (stolen from a friend quote). Well, Thank you for very pleasant ideas-as celebration is for enjoyment and Holi itself stands for forgetting whatever sin or wrong we did in past, or hurt someone knowingly or unknowinlgy. Let's forget everything and celebrate.

I am sorry to all my friends who might get hurt of what I have written. I am sorry to those who are getting hurt and I am sorry to myself. I hope you guys will also ignore my ignorance. I am in the process of unknowing people and thank you for helping me in this process.

(Picture taken from:http://www.hi5.com/friend/photos/
displayPhotoUser.do?photoId=739636234&albumId=12887482&ownerId=3721997 )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Friend,thanx for your suggestion!!But do you remember why we go from background before starting our writing on some topic,why a lecturer gives a background of that topic he is supposed to give!!This is because one should know the domain knowledge about that particular field.How can one get interested on Holi,until and unless he know where is it celebrated and its cultural backgroud.So,my view is that ..one should know domain knowledge of the area before being specific.....But thanx for ur suggestions...