Saturday, May 9, 2009

The day I will die

"The day I will die"

Death is not working of biological organ in human body. The input of oxygen and output of carbon dioxide is major event which drives our life. There are many types of death, one which is caused naturally and others with specific reasons such as accident, crime, violence, suicide, bombings, and many more which are termed unnatural. More than 90% of living humans are fearful of death. In my own life, I have not found any one who does not fear death. One question which drives me to write this article, why are we so much fearful of death? What will happen on the day, I will die? The major reason behind being fearful of death is because we cannot overcome addiction of love. We cannot overcome self and personal attachments. We are tightly linked with love of our family, of our child, of our wife, of our country, of our religion, of our society and so on. The fear is also because the lack of our own self in order to fail to surrender. Most of the times we are escaping from our self. The missions, goals and dreams which we develop may come true or may not but the time will come when we all have to go someday, living everything behind us. Religion will teach us to believe in afterlife, reincarnations and science will deliver us the fact and stats behind the reasons for death. One wise man once said, “To understand death, you need to understand life and go beyond the death, living life for only one day.” I was greatly touched and influenced by that wise man. Maybe he is right, how can we understand death without first understanding life? There are always the things which we want to accomplish tomorrow, if we cannot live for today, how can we live tomorrow? These statements are absolutely true.

Now, what will happen when I will die? I have my personal life, I have done something and I am trying to do something more but will it make any difference to my family, or, will it make any difference to my material life which I have gained, what will happen to my blog which is updated every day?, what will happen to my secret passwords, my secret love, my secret bank account, my secret username and password in e-mails, my secret stuffs and many more such secrets.. Will it make any difference, I don’t think so. Those who are public figures will get high attention and the whole world will know that personality is no more and I understand this, because they are the people whom we trust, society trusts and country loves. I asked the same question to the wise man stating, “what will happen on the day I will die?”, the wise man said, “don’t worry; you will take a nice long break from this unhappy materialist world and you will wake up when this materialistic world will be happy again.”

No comments: