Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Dashain 2065 !

In Nepal, we are celebrating one of the biggest and most prestigious festival of all Nepalese. This festival is celebrated for the period of ten days. In local Nepali language, it is actually called "Bada Dashain" which means, big dashain.

When I googled the keyword- "Dashain", The very first link took me to the Wikipedia which has some brief definition.

"Dashain (दशैं) is the 15-day national festival of Nepal, and a state festival of Indian states of Sikkim and the Darjeeling district of West Bengal. It is also a national holiday in Bhutan. Now it is celebrated all around the world by the Nepalese diaspora."

Continuing from the eighth day, there are sacrifices made and the Goddess temples all over the Kathmandu Valley receive sacrifices, ranging from goats and buffaloes to ducks and chickens.


Today is Navami, the ninth day. Sacrifices continue this day too, On the tenth day which is tomorrow 9th of October, 2008 of English Calendar. Mainly women prepare mixture of rice, yogurt and vermillion which is called "tika". Elders put this on the forehead of younger relatives to bless them with fertility and abundance in the upcoming year.

The color red here is represented as the close ties of the blood of family members. Entire member of the family is present on this auspicious day. People drive from many different foreign land or from any other part of the world they are living just for this day.

Elder member in the family offer blessings, money and wishes on this day. The get together is most of the time interesting. Many people play cards and enormous amout of the food, drinks and special high quality whisky, rum, wine,vodka and beer is consumed on this very day.

From a months I have been receiving loads of messeage regarding the celebration of this festival. Yesterday, a friend send the picture (copyright Ananta ) Which is shown below:



As every body is giving and sharing the blessings I should do the same. Since I do not believe in the power of an individual- "My greetings, blessings, wishes and whatever I can give is for you all."

I hope, all your dreams come true. I wish all the success in your life. I know I am nobody but I can be somebody. This somebody is another identity which we generally call as- friends, son, brother, may in future (father), and most importantly a simple human.

A poem for the blessing of "happy dashain 2065" ----

People have thousand desires,

I hope your all thousand desires come true.
I have none, I do not have to be blessed.

For some Life is difficult, for me life is easy.

I have seen people killing themselves, I want to ask- why not ?

To expect is to suspect with life.

With desires comes dissatisfaction.

Dissatisfied man is full of misery.

I wish nobody has misery.

I am in search of knowing who am I ?

Sine I have not yet, found right answer.

I do not know- I only speak experience.

You can take it the way you want it to take.

Whatever way it goes does not matter in the end.

Because I know, you are not going to stick with this same stupid poem.

I am putting my thoughts into action,

Some people call me writer, some call me wiser ...

I have no arguments to what people call me ...

Only because, I am universal acceptor.

Nature of every entity in the world develops nature.

Till present, there are duality involved in everything.

Bless you with the power of Nature.

Bless you with power of all the Supreme God.

Bless you with power of greatest God, I have come across

He is no one but simply called- "Nature God".


----------------------

No comments: