Friday, August 8, 2008

Scald-2008

Couple of days ago, I came into the Scalds 2008, in Sweden. Right now at the present I am in Fiskoboda the name of the place in sweden. It is really getting exciting with every day. The day before that is on the 6th of August, 2008. The day started with the Conference in the expressive mood however, it was not as it should have been or as we might have expected.

I was representing the Finland. We all were invited for this conference from the different countries. Scandevia together with other countries were invited for the conference. The conference has loads of practical skill training, grouping together, networking and having loads of skill session to learn, educate, discuss and of-course party and have fun in the conference.

The entire things is about the organization called AIESEC. The theme for the conference was "Leadership development". The theme was highly big topic and I guess, this theme has loads of delegate thinking how a person will gain leadership ideas and so on.

What I personally belive was there were really some sucking plenary and boring early morning discussion as of now. Right now I am having this stupid discussion about something which is irrevelant. By the time every body is shouting in this hall I thought of something esle and start to blog about it.

How would some one hear properly when every body is talking in the room ? This is really boring part of the early morning sessions. One of the good thing we learned was "Home group". The home group has different nationalities and one leader leading his way to the home group.

In this home group, we get to know each other together with that we get to play different practical skills. There are some games related with the leadership skills. Yesterday, when I started my day it was really boring but later when we started the session with the home group, it all flied.

I felt it good and my mood was really getting better with the day progressing and with the day in the home group. Most of the times in AIESEC there is late night parties with some theme. Two parties has been finished with the first theme belonging to Ice age and the second with PinaCola.

Some couple of more days to go and not expecting anything out of this conference simply because I do not expect anything in life too. How can some one ask me to expect something from a conference or any event.

Most important things in life is knowing people, sharing and understanding what they want to achieve in life and so on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice that you have nice time there and that everything you do there is so interesting.
I hope that there is not any evening with theme vodka...

Sergio Schuler said...

AMAZING!