Monday, February 25, 2008

Need of a statesman

With a number of political parties being formed to promote communal interests in the country, I wonder if the country, which was united by the great leader Prithvi Narayan Shah, is not once again on the verge of being divided along communal lines.Furthermore, I am surprised that the SPA government, despite its promises to hold the election on schedule, has not been able to address the most pressing public concerns, let alone resolve other pressing issues. While the possibility of a free and fair election appears to me a distant possibility, I do not believe that the leaders currently running the government are capable of steering the country out of the troubled waters. In my opinion, what the country needs above all else is a capable statesman, who is committed to address the concerns of the nation rather than a particular group or community.

No comments: